Iwaki City collects rubbish from numerous collection sites in every area of town and asks that you follow the guidelines below when putting rubbish out:Sort rubbish into the various categories in which it is collected, and be aware of when collection days are.
(A calendar is available from the Environment Protection Division (kankyoka／環境課) that lists all the collection days for the year - the calendar is colour-coded for easy understanding, features useful pictures and includes some English explanations.)
Once you have sorted your rubbish, and are aware of the days that it needs to go out, you should put the appropriate rubbish out the night before the day of collection, as some collection is done very early in the morning.
If you are unsure of where to put it, please ask a neighbour, or someone living nearby.
Please ensure that bags and string around your rubbish is securely tired, and place your rubbish under the net provided at the allocated place.
(If you do not tie your bags securely or place it under the net, there is a high chance that crows and other animals will get into the bags, and scatter the rubbish all over the surrounding area.)
Please refer to the Rubbish Separation Guide (link on previous page) or the Rubbish Collection Calendar (available from City Hall).
- RECYCLABLE PLASTIC (Collected once a week)
- CANS and BOTTLES (Collected once every two weeks)
- BOTTLES AND JARS (Collected once every two weeks)
- SMALL HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES AND METALLIC ITEMS (Collected once every four weeks)
- BURNABLE RUBBISH (Collected twice a week)
- LARGE ITEMS (By arrangement with Environmental Protection Division (kankyo-ka／環境課 TEL: 22-7440) or any of the Branch Offices (shisho／支所)
- UNBURNABLE RUBBISH (Collected once a month)
- PAPER and CARDBOARD (Collected once a month)
- DRY CELL BATTERIES (Collected twice a year)
- A detailed guide to rubbish collection and separation is available in Chinese and English from the City Exchange Division (toshi koryuka／都市交流課TEL: 22-7415), Level 1, Iwaki City Hall, Taira.
- Burnable rubbish must be disposed of in standard size clear plastic bags, available at supermarkets and convenience stores.
City Exchange Section, Division of Coordination and Citizenry Affairs
TEL : 0246-22-7415 FAX : 0246-22-7609 Email Enquiries